Launching a Campaign to take out Rove:
Why are the 1% funneling big money to Karl Rove’s attack ads against Elizabeth Warren? Because she scares them. Listen to her words and just imagine her in the Senate:
For years I worked to expose how Wall Street and the Big Banks are crushing middle class families. It just isn’t right. I stood up to the Big Banks and their army of Washington lobbyists. I worked to hold them accountable. I led the fight for a new agency to protect consumers—and we got it. But Washington is still rigged for the big guys, and that’s got to change.1
A new poll shows Warren with a clear lead for the first time, but the big threat now is Rove’s attacks—in fact Rove just launched a new $524,000 attack ad against Warren this morning.2
We’ve got to make it a top priority to elect Elizabeth Warren and other candidates like her who will never stop fighting for the 99%. And with the first primaries in these races less than 100 days away, we need to start immediately.
We’ll create ads and videos to educate voters about Warren’s fiery populism and her opponent’s corporate backers, and we’ll organize actions to get those themes into the media. We’ll send MoveOn members out talking to voters, and we’ll bring the same approaches to other key races around the country. But we need to know whether we’ll have the resources to pull it off. Please support MoveOn’s effort today:
Chip in $5 to MoveOn’s big plan to elect Elizabeth Warren and other true progressives.
The rise of the 99% movement—the fight-back in Wisconsin, the Occupations and actions against Wall Street, the campaigns to stop Congress from siding with the 1%—creates an important opportunity to build progressive electoral power. We need to focus on electing champions who’ll fight for the 99%, rather than pouring our energy into electing marginal Democrats, so that we build power to take on economic inequality in 2012 and beyond.
We’re preparing a massive campaign for 2012 to help elect Elizabeth Warren and identify hundreds of other candidates who will stand up for the 99% and help them win races up and down the ballot. We want to help ten times more candidates than we’ve helped in previous years. Here’s some of what we’ll do:
* Prioritize several key races with candidates like Elizabeth Warren, Ilya Sheyman, and Eric Griego, who stand strongly with the 99% movement and will be champions in places like Washington or Sacramento.
* Direct grassroots support for hundreds of candidates who commit to supporting the 99%, including mobilizing MoveOn’s 5 million members to call voters, go door-to-door, and more.
* Create a progressive ballot guide that lets local progressives know who should get their vote, from school board to statewide races.
But we can’t pull it off without you. We need to take on Wall Street together. Can you chip in $5 to MoveOn today so we can launch this campaign immediately?
Thanks for all you do.
–Adam R., Elena, Milan, Kat, and the rest of the team
1. ElizabethWarren.com, accessed December 8, 2011
2. “Poll: Elizabeth Warren soars 7 up over Scott Brown,” Boston Herald, December 8, 2011
“Crossroads hits vulnerable Dems with $1 million in new ads,” The Hill, December 8, 2011